To create a place where the dream of flight is real by being the leader in aeronautical innovation all while providing quality aircraft.
Jim Sampson dreamt of flight at an early age. Between attending Oshkosh Airventure Airshows, earning his pilot's license, and learning about the intricacies of aircraft manufacturing he began to turn his interest into a lifelong pursuit. Taking lessons in an R22 helicopter in college Jim realized the aircraft's limitations in mobility. He had realized an untapped potential: to build a personal, high performance helicopter made of composite materials to keep it light while being incredibly strong. Since then Jim and Scion Aviation have grown to provide services in aircraft design, advanced composite parts, prototype aircraft, and tooling.
How we go above and beyond
At Scion Aviation, we strive to make your experience with us productive and painless. We have a team of engineers that use their ingenuity and the latest software programs to take your ideas into production. We are able to bring to life any conceptual designs and turn them into flying prototypes, and further, into full production. Beyond design and production, we at Scion have exceptional customer service and a consistent on-time delivery rate. Certified by AS9100, we take pride in our quality control processes including the safety culture of the company. Scion has expanded machining capabilities and facilities to meet customers needs.
What We've Achieved
- Implementation of new tooling techniques
- Expansion to two locations, in two states
- AS9100 Certified
- Utilization of the most advanced software for every aspect of design and program management including: SAGE 100, CATIA, SolidCAM, MSProject and more
- Adding new machining and processing equipment to expand our capabilities on a consistent basis
- Grown our employee base by 140 percent
- Rapid expansion of our client database
- Strong Vendor relationships (local, national and international)
- ITAR Registration and Compliance